Brow lamination is a treatment that involves giving brows a new shape by setting the hairs in place, like a perm for your eyebrows. If you want thick and fluffy brows or if you have wild, unruly brows, you can have them set into a more defined shape. If you want to correct your shape, lift your brow hairs, and cut down on your daily brow maintenance routine, then brow lamination is the treatment for you.
Through Scalpa, you are able to study from the comfort and convenience of your own home. This course is available as a certified course when you purchase the training kit, as well as a non-certified training course without the purchase of a training kit and without direct access to our master educator. When you choose to purchase the training course WITHOUT the training kit you will not be able to submit work for feedback or receive certification.
Originating in Russia, but blowing up in England, brow lamination tames unruly hairs and sets them in place for a fluffy, just-combed look. It's quickly making its way west. You may have noticed pictures of full, slicked-up brows with a high-shine finish making a breakthrough on Instagram.
What is Brow Lamination?
It's also called brow sculpt or brow lift, is essentially a perm for your eyebrows. The service gained popularity in the U.K. and has been making its way to the States. In the same vein as microblading and tinting, it's designed to give fuller, more defined eyebrows. It takes your unruly or thinning brow hair and smoothes it out while also lifting the hair in a more vertical direction.
The cost for this procedure averages between $50-120 and lasts up to 8 weeks.
Henna Brow is also a great POST brow lamination service as brow lamination can cause lightening of the brow hair. Please wait 24-48 after brow lamination to apply brow henna.
Certified Course Includes:
- Online training
- Training Kit Will All Equipment and Products
- Photos of the proper table setup
- Before and after photos
- Intake forms
- Links to suggested products
- Lifetime Access to your training and Master Educator
- Certificate of completion
- Professional watermark for photos
- Online training course
- Intake forms
- Links to suggested products
Three Step-Solutions: Lifting/Fixing/Nourishing
Angled Application wands
Tweezer (*Not included in the refill kit without the training)
Scissors (*Not included in the refill kit without the training)
Mixing ring cup (10)
Mixing Wells (30)
Brow Lamination Benefits
After the procedure, your eyebrows will look thicker, fuller, straighter, and combed up into the ideal shape. They should look like the ultimate groomed, brushed-up eyebrows. The idea is that you won't have to use a pencil to draw in the shape anymore
Basic Directions for Brow Lamination
- Make sure brows are clean of makeup and products using PH Stabilizer (by Scalpa) or water
- Comb through brows and comb up using disposable brush wand
- Apply adhesive( glue bottle) to the eyebrows using disposable applicator wand
- Comb brows in an upward direction and position brows in desired shape using disposable brush wand
- Apply Step 1- lifting agent to brows with micro-swab or application Wand (depending on thickness of brows)making sure to cover all hairs and fully saturate them
- Continue to brush brows in an upward direction positioning brows in desired shape
- Once brows are in desired shape and direction cover brows with plastic wrap for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness of hair. No longer than 5 minutes. (You can check after 2- 3 minutes to see if you need to re-comb in position).
- While plastic wrap is on, brush the brows upward if they happen to move out of place while covering with plastic wrap.
- After time is up (3-5 minutes, but note that most brows take a full 5 minutes), Remove plastic wrap
- Using two wet cotton pads (PH Stabilizer or water) gently remove the lifting solution from brows.
- In the same manner, apply step 2-Brow fix solution to brows. No longer than 3-5 minutes. (You can apply plastic wrap or opt not to in this step)
- Using disposable brush wand, make sure brows are brushed upward and placed in desired shape. Microswab the brows into the desired shape.
- Wait for processing time to be completed
- Using 2 damp cotton pads (PH Stabilizer or water) gently wipe off brow fix solution
- Using disposable wands apply the Nourishing Conditioner to the eyebrows and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Using 2 damp cotton pads (PH Stabilizer or water) gently wipe off the solution.
- Using tweezers and/or small scissors clean up or trim any unwanted hair around brows, or wax if that is the preference.