Scalpa Henna Brow Tint creates a beautiful semi-permanent tinted brow.
Henna brow creates a fuller appearance of the brow by tinting not only the hair but also the skin beneath. This is a great option for those who want perfect brows but dread the daily maintenance of makeup or do not wish for a more permanent approach such as microblading.
Scalpa Golden Brown Henna is a yellow-brown tint, perfect for those with blonde hair! Scalpa Henna Tints come in five different colors which we believe to be suitable for all hair colors. If you are looking for a slightly different color, these tints can also be mixed to create your own shade or if you wish to even out undertones.
Henna brow lasts anywhere from 2-6 weeks depending on skin type and care.
This is a great additional treatment to offer with waxing, brow lamination, or even lash tint!
Ingredients: Natural Henna, Cassia, Carboxy Methyl Cellulose, Sodium Percarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Sulphite, p-phenylenediamine, p-aminophenol, Phyllanthus emblica, Acacia concinna
Brow Henna Tint Basic Instructions:
- The cleaner the skin, the better the henna can penetrate the skin. By scrubbing the eyebrows in advance, you remove dead skin cells and the dye can do its job better. Gently apply the brow exfoliator to the brow skin. (Scalpa brow exfoliator or any facial scrub is fine) With brow brush, gently brush the exfoliator through the area for a few seconds.
- Using Scalpa PH Stabilizer or any type of toner or water, remove scrub from brows making sure brows are free of any scrub debree.
- Choose color (you can custom blend if need be)
- Mixing the henna: using a small mixing cup and measuring spoon, place a small amount, one tiny scoop of henna powder with 10-15 drops of pH stabilizer (or water). Mix until an even and smooth pasty substance has formed. Let the paste thicken for a few minutes. The henna paste should not be too fluid when you apply it. If you do this, there is a chance that the color will turn yellowish-green. The consistency should be like a syrup.
- Make the eyebrows oil-free and completely dry.
- Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly around brows to create a barrier so that the henna will not stain skin where you don't want it to stain.
- Apply the henna with an angled applicator to get very precise lines. Stamp and press the henna into the skin and make sure the henna is evenly on the skin. Start at the last part of the eyebrows, and work forward. Make sure the entire eyebrow is covered with a thick layer of henna paste. All skin must be covered.
- Correct any unwanted lines or tint application. By applying henna with a slanted applicator, you can work precisely. Remove small irregularities with a cotton swab or microswab with pH stabilizer or tint remover if you have that on hand. Finally, tighten the eyebrow to the desired shape.
- After the first layer is in place, you can apply the next layer if you feel the first pass did not penetrate all the hair and skin. The color saturation and darkness will depend on how many layers you apply.
- Complete exposure time may vary from 15-30 minutes from the beginning of the procedure. The color of intensity and lasting time is dependent on the exposure time to the henna applications and length of time the final layer is left on.
**Prior to application it is always advised to perform a patch test
Just like normal eyebrow and hair dye, people can be allergic to eyebrow henna. Therefore always do a patch test if applying henna for the first time. Put a speck of henna on the arm, let it retract and remove after 15 minutes. If there is no sign of an allergic reaction within 24-48 hours, you can assume it is safe to proceed.