The Era of Eyebrows and Microblading
Perfectly shaped and full eyebrows have been the craze since around 2016 when Cara Delevigne's full eyebrows became an obsession. The demand for microblading eyebrows grew.
In the 90s and early 2000s, small eyebrows were in and waxing, threading, and plucking were overdone, this was the style then. Now everyone wants more full eyebrows that are perfectly shaped. Some people fill them in completely, while others create a softer, ombré look.
Most people aren't blessed with these eyebrows naturally, however. Because of this, many people have turned to microblading eyebrows to create a flawless and natural appearance.
This is what has made microblading eyebrows one of the top treatments in the industry today and so popular for those all over the world.
Facts About Microblading Eyebrows
- This treatment involves engraving small strokes using a hand tool composed of many blades and desired pigment into the skin.
- People often mistake this for tattooing but they vary greatly. Tattooing pigment into the skin goes much deeper and therefore lasts usually forever. Microblading eyebrows on the other hand, engraves pigment only into the upper layer of skin, therefore not lasting as long.
- Because of this, they will need to be touched up but the results can last up to three years.
- The treatment takes only about two hours to complete.
- It can take up to 30 days for them to fully heal and during this time they will fluctuate in their appearance.
- Leaving your appointment you will be in love with them. The days following they will become very dark. After about a week, they will begin to scab and fall off. At about 10 days, you will think your eyebrows have disappeared. Finally, at about 30-40 days, they will be perfect and you will be obsessed!
- They require very little maintenance and allow beautiful brows without the use of any makeup or filling in.
Learning Microblading Eyebrows
Microblading eyebrows has become such a popular procedure all around the world as people are always looking to improve their appearance. Offering this as a service requires proper training.
Scalpa trains in Microblading Eyebrows for free online! The training goes in-depth about precautions, contraindications, client consultation, pre and post care, color matching, techniques, strokes, and more!
The online training is untimed so you can take it on your own time and schedule. For those who are seeking certification, you will need to purchase the training kit which includes all you will need to practice and get started in this procedure. Megan is just one of our thousands of students who have taken the Microblading Eyebrow Training Course and loves how much she was able to learn.
Listen to her journey below!